My OWNDAYS eye care experience

"I just had the brightest relief I never felt before. They made me feel I deserve to have a clearer perception of the real world." 
Rushing last Friday to have an urgent eye check-up, I decided to go straight to EDSA Shangri-La Mall which is just a walking distance from my office and while on my way, I am also in a rush to make up my mind in choosing between replacing my 2-month old contact lenses or just grab and find a new granny-look yet classy eyeglasses. 

I've been wearing my 250-grade contact lenses since October of this year and I was confident enough that it will last for more months as it is even labeled for a 1-year quality and durability assurance from where I purchased it. It was my 2nd pair of contact lenses and because of a quite good experience with the brand; I gave it another shot and replaced my 1st pair to them. 

But surprisingly, I noticed the other day when I got home that the right piece of my contact lenses is nearing to its unfortunate fate. There is a small split coming from the edge of it starting to tear the whole piece into two but having no choice that morning, I still wore it and thought that it may not harm my eyes. Then the morning of Friday came and my right eye started to get itchy and even if I dropped an eye solution to it several times, the irritation still stayed and you know what's even worse? Because I can't help to scratch it, the irritation gets terrifying so I immediately grabbed a mirror and I was half-panicking when I noticed that the split run longer almost tearing the whole piece. I was like, gosh... I can't last that day having that pirate with one eyesight feels! And it's Friday, I usually have other stuff to do after working hours. (uhm, millennial issues please. Lol) I had a scheduled get together with my friends that night. 

Having a near-sighted pair of eyes is a big deal to all who can relate. Like a major disability problem we've been coping forever where you will need someone to read for you that small phrase anywhere you are... that menu board hung above in a fast food chain, the signage of the bus or van on your way home or off to somewhere, and even the challenge of viewing a clearer picture of that movie in the big screen, they're all just some of the awful feelings we deal with. 

So taking advantage of my lunch break that day, I got to Shang Mall and there I suddenly got that good-vibe towards this newly-opened branch of OWNDAYS. (Yes, I still have on my right eye that almost-broken piece of contact lenses when I got there)

With the stylish designs of their eyeglasses, I suddenly decided... Imma go back to basics and in that moment, I eventually saw myself choosing the perfect fit for my eyes.

For you guys who haven't heard about OWNDAYS, they're the newest fashion-eyewear shop here in the Metro that originated from Japan and has the goal of bringing the most affordable, trendy-styled comfy eyewears. Their designs are all original and assures quality to every product they offer. You guys might want to explore their other services, check out their website: www.owndays.com

Shoutout to the staff of OWNDAYS Shang branch who took care of me. To Doc. Aileen who shared eye care tips and guides how to prevent astigmatism, to Doc. Dev who entertained me with a short chit-chat while waiting for my eyeglasses, and to Ms. Cath who helped me choose the perfect style of eyeglasses for me. You guys are awesome.

I just had the brightest relief I never felt before. They made me feel I deserve to have a clearer perception of the real world. From 250-grade last October, which is just only 2 months ago, I discovered from them that both of my eyes already reached the 300-grade. Maybe there is a reason why my contact lenses got broken. And there, I had the brightest realization of replacing it to something clearer and better.

(So yeah, a mandatory selfie. Lol)


Written By: Hannah Dani

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change the way you see friendship

5 things I am positive about this 2019

Here’s how I deal with my demons and here’s how I can help you fight yours too