Mount Costa: A newfound treasure up North




As soon as the scorching heat of this year’s summer season started to blaze, me and my family immediately planned to spend a weekend vacation in the summer capital of the Philippines once again. Being the Unica Hija in the family, I was again assigned to organize our travel itinerary. While searching for places and new things to try in the city, I picked the places I haven’t been to or at least haven’t visited for a while like Tam-Awan Village, Ben Cab Museum, Valley of Colors, Camp John Hay, and the newest spot that I’ll be sharing with you is the Mount Costa at La Trinidad.

Before blooming into a unique stroll around garden, the land where Mount Costa is situated was a strawberry field in the late 70’s. The then strawberry field was managed by a couple named Col. Voltaire Acosta and Cleotilde Acosta who became one of the pioneers of making quality strawberry wine in Baguio city. During the early 90’s, an unfortunate fate struck the strawberry field which led to the decision of the couple to close the area and stopped growing strawberries.

A couple of decades later, new generations of the Acosta family came to an idea on how they can regain the land’s purpose. They developed the once almost abandoned eight-hectare land into a beautiful and stunning garden which is now a must-see tourist attraction in the Cordilleras.

If you’re planning of having a road trip to the city of Pines anytime soon, don’t forget Mount Costa to include in your itineraries. Mount Costa is just a 20 to 30-minute drive from Baguio City. They have an entrance fee that is worthy enough for you to enjoy strolling around an eight-hectare garden full of beautiful surprises.

Let me share with you some of my photos taken inside the beautiful Mount Costa. Indeed, the place became a treasure that would make anyone get enchanted.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change the way you see friendship

5 things I am positive about this 2019

Here’s how I deal with my demons and here’s how I can help you fight yours too