What's up for year 2018?



Photo Credits: Michael Ong

It's not a new year if you're still with your old self.  

The year of 2017 brought me a lot of new perspectives in life. It was full of obscurity yet it made me unleash all my hidden capabilities. It was a year full of realizations, and realizing that everything is beyond my control is what I am most thankful for. I got to meet the people I never expected to bring significance in my life. I had to pick up myself from the force that keeps on pushing me down. I had to become more aware of every situation around me. I needed to control my emotions, from being too euphoric to just staying calm. I had to become the other version of me- a side of myself I have been looking for a long time. I had to bend, I had to break, all I can manage is myself.

A new year is more than just a restart, not a new season to expect for the best things from it rather. Instead of waiting for the days to be better, I chose to embrace situations at my present more calmly and with gratitude. I now have a wider grasp of what's inevitable and what's vulnerable in me. It was indeed a very challenging year that led me to re-evaluate my path. As I reflect from the highlights that happened, I will keep the greatest lessons I got:

  • Don’t do what feels right; do what makes you a better person

  • Don’t use the countless chances that will allow you to escape from the struggles. Instead, see them as a platform to better things ahead after overcoming them

  • Failures and disappointments are inevitable, so as blessings and success

  • Know what's best for you with compassion for others

  • Be satisfied with your happiness one moment at a time

  • Think before you speak, reflect before you react.

  • Pay attention to circumstances

  • Become committed with your words and actions

  • Dodge the stuff that's filling toxic to your inner peace

  • Never lose your faith and continue to love

Greater things will surprise you at the time you're about to lose your grip waiting for something wonderful. It was an essential chapter for most of us just like the previous years. We forgive and we try to forget. Let's not confuse and overlap the past with new opportunities ahead. 

May we all breathe with inner peace, love without doubts, and be genuinely happy this year of 2018. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 things I am positive about this 2019

Change the way you see friendship

Mount Costa: A newfound treasure up North